What we offer
At the Lighthouse Retreat Centre, we offer a range of self development courses. The emphasis is on learning about the self and absorbing the benefits through courses and events that build self awareness and connectedness. All courses are run by experienced meditators and are offered at no charge based on our ethos of serving the community through volunteerism.
Raja Yoga Meditation Course
At the heart of the Brahma Kumaris teachings is the Foundation Course in Raja Yoga meditation. This course provides a practical understanding of the relationship between spirit and matter, as well as an understanding of the interplay between souls, God and the material world.
The 4-part series of classes in this course are held once-weekly and will facilitate your inward journey in a reflective and experiential way.
Learn how to:
- Make time & space for meditation to establish a daily practice
- Harness your thoughts, emotions and responses
- Use your meditation skills in everyday life
Anger is an expression of inner pain; an indication that all is not well in our world. It is one of the most powerful and destructive emotions. How can we change the anger within and use our energy in more positive ways?
The 4-part series of classes in this course are held once-weekly and will help you face understand and accept your inner pain with compassion and kindness.
Learn how to:
- Understand the anger process
- Realise the power of your thoughts and kindness in dealing with anger
- Let go of inner pain
- Use spiritual knowledge and awareness to transform anger
- Develop a range of practical tools to live a more peaceful life
Everyone has the choice to think negatively or to think positively. This course is designed to guide you in recognising your natural capacity to be positive and through meditation develop strong positive mental attitudes.
The 4-part series of classes in this course are held once-weekly and will inspire you with new ways of thinking and new perspectives and approaches to people and problems.
Learn how to:
- Take control, transform and direct your thoughts and feelings
- Apply the gentle art of self reflection to encourage personal growth
- Learn about your positive nature and develop a strong positive attitudes
- Transform negative, energy-draining language and self-talk
Self–esteem is how we value and perceive ourselves. It’s based on our opinions and beliefs about ourselves, which can sometimes feel really difficult to change.
The 4-part series of classes in this course are held once-weekly and explore simple techniques to help create a sustainable state of self-worth and enjoy more positive and healthy relationships, with ourselves and others.
Learn how to:
- Know and discover your positive self
- Accept yourself, identifying personal strengths, abilities and uniqueness
- Develop effective strategies for building healthy relationships, letting go of fears and aggression
- Empower yourself, making the right choices to maintain inner balance
Stress Less Living
Stress has been identified as a leading cause of many health problems. Largely psychological, rather than physical in origin and therefore much more difficult to prevent and remedy, modern stress affects nearly all of us at some point in our lives. Regardless of its origins, stress drains our physical, emotional and mental energy.
The 4-part series of classes in this course are held once-weekly and will help you better understand the roots of your stress and learn how to address this.
Learn how to:
- Identify different forms of stress and the effects it has on our well-being
- Identify the triggers of stress and how and why we react
- Use practical tools to enable inner change
- Move from fearing change to embracing it
- Develop your spiritual intelligence to manage stress.
Our beliefs are the hidden yet powerful force determining everything we do and experience in life. All aspects of our lives are moulded by our beliefs. For this reason it is important that we understand the beliefs we hold and then transform our limiting beliefs into powerful and supporting beliefs that will make our lives rich, powerful and beautiful.
This four part course has been developed to help you do just that. It will be insightful, entertaining and provide opportunity for reflection and interaction.
Learn how to:
- Tap into your core positive belief systems and use them for long lasting change
- Deeply trust yourself
- Disempower the negative self-talk that often holds you back
- Use affirmations so they really work
- Develop confidence based on your true values
Drop In Events
Inspiring Sunday Talks
A chance to listen to selected speakers sharing on topics focused on assisting you on your spiritual and personal development journey and all within the peaceful atmosphere of the Lighthouse
Circle of Light
A monthly meeting for those 60’ish and over. The gathering is on the fourth Thursday of every month and is led by an experienced meditator. This is a very informal, friendly gathering for conversing about spiritual topics. At each meeting the group choose the topic for the following months discussion.
Learn to Meditate
Join us for this light and simple drop-in meditation session which will leave you refreshed and energised whether you are a beginner or experienced meditator.
Sessions will be every Wednesday from 7.30pm to 8.15pm, and every Thursday from 10.30am to 11.45am. As this is not a course you can attend as and when you want.
One Day / Half Day Retreat
A One Day or Half Day Retreat provides an opportunity to step off the conveyor belt of life and spend time in a peaceful and spiritual atmosphere, to reflect upon and explore the important factors governing our everyday experience. These include self identity, the basis of real inner power; and the art of creating and maintaining harmony in our relationships.
Experienced facilitators will offer insights and instruction into the art of learning for life. These Seminars or Workshops will take up different topics that will introduce some techniques in Raja Yoga meditation as well as look at the practical application of spirituality in daily life. You can also take walks on the promenade by the sea. Spend one day or an half day to re-treat yourself to the treasures of your spirit.
Enjoy a day of guided journaling, meditation and supported silence experiences. The One Day Silence Retreat is an opportunity to take some valuable time out and discover a deeper personal meaning to your spiritual journey.
Join us for a reflective journey inwards away from the tangle of fear thinking, to the inner sanctum of silence.
Retreats for Adults Aged 18-35
We offer retreats for adults aged 18-35 exploring how spirituality can bring depth and richness through relaxing meditations, personal reflection and authentic conversations.
- Are you between 18 to 35 years old?
- Do you wish to explore tools to see the best in yourself and others?
- Have you ever wondered how to weave spiritual practices into everyday situations and relationships?
- Are you seeking connection with others through rich and authentic conversations?
Find out more here – Retreats for Young Adults